I’ve been writing my first novel in my head and on placemats and in notebooks and on my laptop and on my iPhone and on the back of receipts and envelopes for years …
I got a not-so-small tax rebate this year at around the same time as I saw the South Australian Writers’ Centre (SAWC) Fiction Clinic advertised. The SAWC Fiction Clinic is a 6-month series of writing workshops to assist writers with a longer work. So, I spent my taxpayer rebated dollars on writing. Speculation. Accumulation. I have a private pension since I moved to Oz – do I really need savings too?
Here’s an outline of the .@SAWC Fiction Clinic:
- 26 & 27 July Getting Started: Novel Writing Intensive with PD Martin
- 16 August Point of View with Dr Amy T Matthews
- 20 September Know Your Characters with Anna Solding / Writing Effective Dialogue with Anne Clark
- 11 October Setting with Kerryn Goldsworthy / Show Don’t Tell with David Chapple
- 28 November Pacing and Structure with Kate Forsyth
- 6 December Editing and Drafting with Kevin O’Brien
- FREE professional consultation with SAWC staff
- FREE ticket to any TWELVE, our quarterly writing “lock-ins”
- And more.
I will update you on my accumulative speculation as and when.